Friday, August 22, 2014

Maybe There’s Something to Those Things!



As I mentioned in previous post, I know several authors who almost sound like they can’t write without listening to music, and Have to spend a lot of time putting together just the right playlist of music for them to write by.
               I take it back, they don’t almost sound like it, they really do sound like they can’t write without listening to music, and specific music.
James River Writers has even suggested a playlist for you to check out for the Conference in October.   [See previous post.]
       
I never wanted to spend that kind of time looking for music, let alone specific ‘write by’ music.  But I thought what the heck.
My book I’m working on hasn’t exactly been flowing along with words, the characters have been either ignoring me or just belligerent with attitudes.
I really don’t need that.  Especially from characters, in my head.

So as I was sitting looking at a blank screen and fussing at characters in my head, that it was their fault anyway, that I was starting back at Chapter 1.
I started pondering about if I did put some music together, what would it be.
Well, all that came to mind was 

Christina Aguilera’s ‘Say Something’ 

I don’t listen to music much, but I have heard the song a couple of times.


“Say something, I’m giving up on you”



Okay, so I really wasn’t, but apparently my characters didn’t know that.  
Yay.

Since I’m back up in Chapters again.  And beyond where I was, before it became their fault it wasn’t working in the first place.
Well, some of the writing is pieces that I had written before, just tweaked now with the new developments and all.
And I haven’t hit double digit Chapter numbers yet, but that’s okay.  For now anyway.

So maybe there is something to it after all.


And maybe you can learn some new things too.  New ideas.  New ways to write.  
New ways to get your book written, published, or get it written or published better.


All that and more will be at the James River Writers Conference coming up in October.
With Workshops too!
So check it out, and learn something new.  Or better.







No comments: