Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Perceptions

It is interesting the perceptions we have of other people.  

And the perceptions they have of us.  

Especially the ones that often have very little to do with who we are, and what we are all about. 
Especially when we know that what they are espousing as being us, is nothing about who we are at all.

 I seem to have had so many people in my life telling me about what is me.  And with total and absolution conviction.  
When I knew that wasn't who I was, what I was like, or even what I even liked.  It sure seemed to me it was all about them and who they were.  Casting their perceptions of who they were, or what they wanted, on me perhaps but what does that actually have to do with me?

So when someone declares something to be 'so you' that has nothing to do with you at all, is that a communication error on your part, or an understanding problem on their part?

No comments: