Sunday, March 22, 2009

What do you think of your own writing?

Do you think it's good?  Fair?  Decent?   Or crap?

Good, bad, or indifferent?

My writing/critique group consists of really good writers - and me.  Not sure where I fit in there sometimes.  Not just for the fact that they all write fantasy and I don't.  For all that I think they believe I am really a 'closet' fantasy writer, that's not what I naturally gravitate to for reading or to write.
Sometimes I think my writing is okay/semi-decent.  Sometimes recently tho' more crap.  Although, the very accomplished writing group member Katharine with an 'a' said last night she thinks my crap-o-meter is broken.  And while I think the Dragon Queen, a.k.a. Sheri, understands some of my plight, her writing has grown so much it's been turning out quite vivid and good.  And then the Wildcat Bill just keeps surpassing us all with his prolific writing drive.
I'm floundering somewhere in the chaotic churning of words trying to bring order and present some kind of semblence of good writing.  Although I have to admit I'm really hoping for Great, and I'm not sure I'm willing to settle for just good.  Guess that means I have to keep at it and keep trying for those great words to flow into a great sentence which becomes a great story, that keeps us wanting more.

No comments: