Saturday, July 31, 2010

Hitching Down the Internet Road


The internet is an amazing thing, isn’t it? Especially for a writer. All that information right there at your tapping fingertips.

Course it’s easy to get sucked into the roaming lifestyle and just keep on truckin’ down that road. Oh look, I must stop there and take in a few of the sites. And then it becomes, oh look they are quoting interesting sites and know such interesting places, perhaps I can take just a slight detour.....

And even while you’re doing it you can hear your mamma in your head going ‘No! No! Stay away from the road! Keep away from that moving fast trucker. Or that beguiling dude in the smart looking vehicle.’ And yet, we are still tempted to take just a little peek. Or just a little minute…..

And next thing you know you’ve been alien abducted and thrown out on your computer chair hours later with no recollection of all the time loss and probably with very little memory left – but hopefully without any actually probe stuff happening. Ick. Unless you are into that sort of thing. And, uh, not that I have a prejudice thing going, but I really don’t think I wanna hear about that okay.

As a writer I have a lot of interests and things that catch my eye. Also being a woman, I am also caught by ‘oooo pretty’ ….whether from www.kirksfolly.com and their whimsically wonderful jewelry and accessories, to the pretty pretty wonderful shades of mineral makeup of Heather at http://www.heatheresque.com/ Go over and be inspired by her new site, and her wonderful colors. They really are Amazing! You won’t believe them when you see in ‘real’ life rather than on the ‘internet road.’ And just the names she gives them will make you grin. *grin* Really [and she’s got an eye shadow clearance going on right now at $1.50 a jar!!! Amazing! I’m tellin’ you!]

If any of you have read any of my blog at all you probably notice I mention Maggie Stiefvater and her blog a whole awful lot. Well, since her recent book ‘Linger’ debuted at #1 on NYT bestseller list! If I can learn anything from her and her blog, which I always do in some form or another, then I figure it’s well spent time.

As for the other travelings ….well, let’s just say I’m trying to stay in camp for awhile and finish the YA [young adult, for those non-writers out there] novel that I am currently working on.

But if you have any great sites to see that I Really should…..then Do let me know! Maybe I can buzz over and pick you up on the way. And if we drive real fast we can maybe be back before anyone misses us…. sitting right in our own little chairs innocently working on our works-in-progress just writing away. If not maybe we’ll pass each other along the way. I’ll probably be the one wildly looking around trying not to miss anything.

Unless I’m lost and just wandering along the road. Then please stop and at least point me in the right direction. I’ve helped you out a few times here on this blog after all. At least I’ve not left you mired in your rut of writing but tried to offer assistance where I could. Turn about’s just fair play right?

See ya around somewhere? ::::hitches pants up and moseys off chewing a toothpick::: ….just kidding, I’m off to post this on my own hitching-post site. Wait, I just went from cars to horses. Figures. No wonder my site’s been in the slow lane. Ah, well, keeps us from all getting whiplash, huh?

So if you can, sit a spell, and tell me where your travels have taken you recently. I can tell you Maggie’s site is always entertaining, and often enlightening about a Lot of things – including ham-sandwich publishing. http://m-stiefvater.livejournal.com/166676.html

Like I said, the road has all kinds of things.
Let me know what you find out there…..

No comments: