Monday, October 13, 2008

Adriana Trigiani

This wonderful vibrant woman is a true force of nature! And I've never seen someone draw people to themselves like she does. Bees to honey, or just some kind of beautifully packaged magnet, she draws people to her like no one I've Ever seen!
As soon as people see her they seem to be drawn in and flock around her.
But with her vibrance and wonderful generous giving personality, I was happy to hover in the outer rings of that orbit.

I had the great privilege to talk with her [not sure there's such a thing as interviewing Adriana in person ;) ] it just happened to be on the stage at the James River Writers Conference this past weekend.

I couldn't even write fast enough to copy down the answers to my questions and all the great advice she was giving.

So for those that missed the great Adriana Trigiani and her great advice - I asked her to send me the names of the books she recommended so I could put them here.
[and it also makes me pull this weedy neglected blog up to give it a bit of attention after long neglect.]

So here it is ---

Here are the books: Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (go out and buy it right now!) The Magic of Belief and The Power of your Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy-


And for those that did manage to attend the session [the Conference sold out this year! So better start planning for next year's James River Writers Conference for October 9, and 10, 2009] their understanding of what all she said will grow when they read her books. She gave some really good advice and insight into how she writes and creates her stories. And how they can also.
For those that didn't attend the session - first of all, you Really missed it!!!! - but I'll be posting some of the other advice and such as I can.

Since her last and she considered her Best advice to all us writers around her --
'FINISH THE DAMN BOOK!!!!'

So guess I need to get back to work on my own book now. ;) Thanks Adriana. ;) ;)

No comments: