Friday, October 17, 2008

Quotes

A friend gave me a most lovely birthday card recently that I had to share -
"If a little dreaming is dangerous,
the cure for it is not to dream less
but to dream more, to dream all the time." - Marcel Proust

Hold fast to your dreams...


This reminded me of some of my favorite quotes:

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again." - Maya Angelou

"There are only two ways to Live Your Life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a Miracle." - Albert Einstein

"Remember, a journey is not measured by the amount of breaths you take, but the things that take your breath away!"

And inspiration comes from all sorts of places if you allow it.
For those that have not yet discovered the Wonderful whimsical jewelry of the Kirks Folly Family I would highly recommend checking them out. http://www.kirksfolly.com/ I have a wonderful collection of their unique pieces that I have accumulated over the years and they always make your heart sing in some way. Whether from just looking at the lovely things they do and create, or just the thought of possibilities....it's all good, as one of my fellow writers says.
And while you are over on the Kirks Folly site, be sure to sign up for Jenniefer Kirk's newsletter - the Fairy Godmother newsletter, as she always has a great quote in it. Which is where most of the ones listed here have come from. And she had a quote in one of her newsletters about the choices we make, and what we choose to believe and choose to think. I must find it again sometime as it was an incredible thought.
But in the meantime I will use the ending of one of her newsletters -
I leave you with this: Your Thoughts Become Your Destiny

No comments: