Thursday, January 29, 2009

Loss

I've heard recently of several people that I know/of my acquaintance losing their parents.
It reminded me of something I came across recently from Maya Angelou -
'I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life.'

My parents have been gone from my life for a very long time and the relationship was not the best by any means. I have a true understanding of what Maya Angelou says. What I have a truer understanding of is, I miss what it could have been.

I am going to quote from an email that was sent to me by someone that recently lost a parent and what she is trying to do with dealing with that loss, since she says it in her own words best.

".....At a time when grief is the dominating emotion, I feel like I have to be closest to what I love best, and that is color. So, I have come up with a way to celebrate the memory of my father while doing something that could benefit somebody else. I have decided to launch a fundraiser today. I have created six new colors and 100 PERCENT of the profits from the sale of these colors will go to the MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION. I am sure many of you are aware of the wonderful work they do, but if not, I have posted a link to their site on my Fundraiser page so that you can become familiar with their amazing work.
Fundraiser link:

http://www.theshespace.com/makeawishfundraiser.html
It is not easy to say good-bye to somebody who is/was loved so much, but at the end of the day, I feel like this is a very special way of paying tribute to my father and helping out these children at the same time! Thank you in advance for your assistance.

As you go through your days, please keep in mind that it only takes a minute to tell somebody how much you love them. Time is a gift never to be squandered.

All my best,
Heather
www.theshespace.com "


And may everyone be able to have the relationship they want with their parents, and if not, I hope they at least try to make the best of it, since all things eventually change.
All my best.

No comments: