Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tiny things that are so influential

I got an email recently that reminded me of the fragility of this life.  And the impact of little things, whether we realize it or not.

I realized in some way has been a thread through a lot of my somewhat sparse blog posts.  And I was reminded of a comment the Very accomplished and successful writer/artist/musician Maggie Stiefvater made to a post I did in February this year. 


And along with that comes to mind book I read recently about how much the little things matter, for good, and bad.

Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

I think Everyone should read this book!

Even though it’s considered a Young Adult book, hopefully it will make Everyone a little more conscious of actions and the little things…. for as Maggie commented to my blog post, it’s amazing the tiny little things that can be so influential.

m_stiefvater wrote:

Feb. 15th, 2009 05:17 pm (UTC)

This is such a good point -- I was just telling someone else on another LJ that we never know how one of our good gestures is going to change someone's life. I know so many people who came into my life for just a brief moment, did something that maybe didn't even mean that much to him, and it changed my life forever, be it the teacher that took the time to read my first terrible novel when I was 13, the guy in the music industry who told me my demo tape was great, the folk musician who told me I had a real talent for soundtracks, the professor who gave me a B plus for a perfectly good paper because he said he KNEW I could do better. 

Little tiny things, but they were really influential to me.

 

May all of our tiny little things we do be done with care.

 

We all carry within us the seed of other worlds

The touch of other people’s dreams and aspirations

May we all carry that touch carefully and respectfully

With as much care as we do our own.

[sgchris 2009 ©]

No comments: