Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How Expensive is Your Life


I know I’ve been absent from the ‘social’ sphere of things, not just from blogs, but all the rest as well. Do you ever get overloaded with everything in your life? All the to-dos. That are not getting all done.

Not to mention all the ‘real’ things in life to deal with, cooking cleaning, laundry…. and so on, and on, and on. More if you have children, husbands, jobs, etc…and all that goes with all that.

Never really ends, does it? And yes, I Do realize, and am Very Thankful, for the life I have and the wonderful husband I have. Still means there’s a Lot to do. And just because your life is different, doesn’t mean there aren’t challenges and troubles in all our lives.

To lighten things up a bit, sortta, I will say, Like dust bunnies. They happen to us all. Don’t they? If they don’t happen to you I want to know why and how. I think.

Sigh.

I am trying to get organized and make things easier to tackle. Course that means taking the time to get organized and things in place to begin with. Which is what I’ve been tackling. Still a work in progress. Although I am seeing progress. I’m pretty sure.


Even though I haven’t exactly kept up with blogs, and twitter, and the rest, I have been reading emails and such. [Yeah, you noticed I said reading. ;} ]

Which brings me to another reason I’ve been a bit absent here. I was gearing myself up to start posting more - okay, so I was trying to come up with more interesting things to say than talk about dust bunnies and cleaning and trying to keep ahead of those things, when I started getting emails about people leaving comments on old blog posts. They were flagged as suspicious so I deleted them. Okay so they were also in Russian and some people think I have problems with English let alone with another language….. But my smart husband said did you translate them before you deleted them?

…….

Yeah, that’s how blank I was. I plead dust mite overload, just so you know. [Nasty looking teeny little critters, btw.]

My husband isn’t all that proficient in languages either. His field, science. Yeah, told you, he’s smart.

So I did have a bit of reason to look at him blankly.

….. But yes, he did sigh. I’m pretty sure. [Yeah, like I’m sure That’s new.] Then proceeded to ask me where the Russian comments to my blog were… uh, deleted. Not to come back apparently no matter what beseeching I did while looking at the screen. But I did have the emails….

Google Trans. to the rescue. Translation.

Uh, I’m Really Really Sorry for all those people whose comments I deleted.

And espec. The comment -


'Subject: amusing blog

Strange but true. Your life is expensive.'



Uh, I am not sure exactly how to take that - perhaps just a translation error, what do I know about languages and all. But made my brain go off into musings.

Oh, yeah, like your brain doesn’t? If you are a writer…. It does right?


I’ve read - I used to read a Lot, before guilt about not fighting dust bunnies and disorganization enough took over ---- anyway, I’ve read that for all the stuff we have we pay a price. To dust it, clean it, store it, …. you get idea. I’m not at hoarder stage, thank God, but I do have rather a lot of books. [ Books are our Friends. As are a lot of writers. ;-) ]


So yeah, there is a price for all the things in our lives.


And my brain started musing on the price of our lives…… and the price in terms of more than just money.

What price do we pay for our lives? What price to we pay for our dreams? Or for not following them?


What do we pay for our lives, not in just money terms, but all the rest of it?


Dangerous path to trod, huh?


And to avoid that path, for the moment anyway, I shall get back to organizing and cleaning, and oops, that load of laundry still in the dryer, and the one in the washer that needs to go to the dryer. [And there’s going to have to be all the folding and putting away at some point.]


Then there’s always the great distraction and education that goes on at the James River Writing Shows - which there is one tomorrow night for you to come to and check out.

And since I’ve had rather a heads up on the March Writing Show, I will let you know you should definitely put that on the calendar now to go to. That’s all I’m saying about it. For now. ;)

The Writing Shows are such a small price to pay for what they give you.


And what price do you pay for your life?

Is your life expensive?




No comments: