Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Word Wrangling

I'm the new Word Wrangler in town pardner. :::ca-ching, ca-ching, ca-ching [is that what spurs sound like when they are written???]

Okay so I'm not exactly 'new' around the Richmond writing area scene. And I've never worn spurs. Or a cowboy hat. Although I do like the way 'they' pull it down over their eyes and pull their hand across it threateningly.

But I am a Word Wrangler - what about you?

I was 'talking' to my writer friend Denise -- http://gaiasong.livejournal.com - who is doing all things Writers Wednesday for James River Writers now, so come on by and talk to us!
And I told her I just couldn't write Writers Wed. abbrev. as WW. Reminding me too much of wrestling for some reason. Then it came to me, we do wrestle with words, plots, and characters an Awful lot!!!
I still can't do wrestling tho' - all that body-slamming on the floor! :::shudder:::

I'd much rather hear the ching of spurs than the whack-slam of a body on canvas. More civilized for some reason. ;) [or maybe just my reasoning? Not that I have anything against those that Like wrestling!!! Not at all! I used to work with an accountant that Loved All things wrestling. But then on the whole don't you think accountants are a wee bit strange sometimes? ;) Not that I have anything against accountants either! ..... I think I'll stop while I'm ahead. Er, still in one piece and not offending somebody or other.

Anyway - any Word Wranglers ... or Word Wrestlers ... out there, join the rest of the WW's [your pick ;) ] at Writers Wednesday - the 2nd Wednesday of Every month. And just so happens to be coming up This Wed. as in tomorrow!

For more particulars go over to the James River Writers site - http://jamesriverwriters.org/

Writers Wednesdays

Writers Wednesdays is a casual meet and greet for writers in every genre on the second Wednesday of every month at Richbrau's TapHouse Grill, 1212 E. Cary St., 5:30-7:30 PM.

Coming up: June 10, July 8, August 12


See ya later, pardner. ;)


No comments: