Can things get any better than that?
I mean really - a Really Good excuse to buy a book!
Actually good excuse to buy Two! Even Better!
Add to that the charity is asking you to go shopping and bring some things to give kids with cancer, and gives you an excuse to get to look at things writers like to look at anyway - cards, notepaper, journals, sketchbooks [doesn't Everyone Need a Sketchbook?]
Am I right?
You bring them the stuff they will give you things in return. Seems good to me.
Here's the scoop:
Meet the Authors at Gibson’s Grill
March 3, 2011
On Thursday, March 3 from 7-9 pm, bring your book club, your neighbors, your colleagues and friends and spend a fun evening with local authors, Ellen Firsching Brown and Elizabeth Thalhimer Smartt at Gibson's Grill.
Ellen's book, Margaret Mitchell's Gone With the Wind: A Bestseller's Odyssey, will be released on February 18 at Fountain Bookstore and is sure to be a hit!
Elizabeth's book, Finding Thalhimers, was released at the end of 2010 to rave reviews.
Both women are incredibly charming and will offer interesting stories of their journeys into authorship.
Of course, they will also have copies of their book available and will be happy to include a personalized autograph.
Both authors are graciously donating a portion of the books sold that night to Connor's Heroes!
We're asking everyone who attends to bring at least $25 worth of items from our Heroes Bags and Backpacks wishlist (click here to view our wishlist).
In exchange, you'll receive a free drink ticket, complimentary hors d'oeuvres, and invigorating conversation with our authors and invited guests.
Gibson's Grill is located at the corner of 7th and Broad Streets, adjacent to The National. We'll be meeting in the underground lounge, a chic and comfortable area to mix and mingle. Many thanks to Gibson's for being wonderful supporters of Connor's Heroes!
Connor’s Heroes Foundation Conquering Childhood Cancer
Wish List for Heroes Bags and Backpacks
• Hand Lotion • Hand Sanitizer (like Purel) • Antibacterial wipes
• Tissues (large boxes and travel size) • Mints
• Notecards/writing paper*
• Journals (adult and child)*
• Suduko or Crossword puzzles
• Slipper socks*
• Disposable cameras*
• Bubbles • Lego kits or small model kit • Nail polish/lip gloss kits
• Jewelry making kits • Craft kits
• Card games (Uno, Phase 10, playing cards)*
• Black velvet coloring page/markers • Brain teaser games/puzzles
• Small dolls • Sticker books
• Sketch books*
• Dry Erase Boards*
• Crayons and markers
• Infant learning toys*
• Toddler toys (Cars/trucks, Dinosaurs, Princess/Dora, etc)
• Hand-held Leapster game with cartridges*
• Portable DVD Player*
• DVDs (child appropriate, G, PG, PG-13, no violence)*
• Personal CD players with headphones*
• CDs (children’s, teens, and relaxation sounds)*
*Although all items listed are needed, starred items (*) are most needed at this time. We ask that all donated items be new as children with cancer must avoid germs.
Looks like it's all going to be good! Right?