Friday, April 17, 2009

Tread Softly, Fulfill Your Dreams

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet,
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

W.B. Yeats

In honor of Poetry Month –

And with talking about dreams and fulfilling them.

And inspiring everyone to fulfill their dreams.

A reminder from W. B. Yeats –  Tread softly because you tread on my dreams

Tread softly lest you damage anyone’s dreams.

Including your own.



For we all come from a place within                                                                                                    That tags our hearts and calls them forth                                                                                          Into the brightness of tomorrow.                                                                                                        Even while we are sunk in the morass of yesterday                                                                         Our dreams are tugged at and whispered out                                                                                    Into the today we have now.                                                                                                           [sgchris 2009 ©]


No comments: